Head of Research Engineering
GTN - A Quantum Leap in Drug Discovery.
Bringing a single new drug to the market costs $2.9bn and takes 15 years, with a high chance of failure. At GTN we combine machine learning and quantum physics, using our unique patent-pending technology, Generative Tensorial Networks, to efficiently access the full drug-like space, i.e. 1060, and to more accurately predict chemical activities. This has the potential to create substantial efficiencies in the whole drug development cycle which could have a huge positive impact on lives globally.
GTN is well funded by Tier-1 VCs and has built an outstanding interdisciplinary team, a world-class board of advisors and collaborations with a number of global pharmaceutical companies and world-leading research institutes.
GTN received the CogX UK Rising Star award for Outstanding Achievement in Machine Learning handed to us by the British Prime Minister, Theresa May and was recently featured in WIRED Magazine.
We are seeking a talented reserach engineer with management experience. You should have:
- Experience managing a team of 5+
- Machine Learning skills
- Experience implementing, scaling and optimising software platforms
- Take ownership of our platform.
- Scale and manage our engineering team.
- Innovate and apply state-of-the-art solutions to optimising our workflow and some of super heavy computational problems we are solving.
- Work closely with the reasearch and with the product teams.
- Communicate and present our work.
We value innovation, curiosity, resilience and intellectual talent. You can expect:
- Talented, motivated and interesting co-workers.
- Intellectual challenge solving meaningful problems.
- We have a dedicated package for publishing, patenting and attending conferences.
- Budget to buy the IT set-up you need.
- Competitive compensation including meaningful equity ownership.
“The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do.” — Steve Jobs
SkillsManagement, Engineering and Machine Learning