Scientific Business Development Leader
In this role, you will first collaborate with our Technology Team to define an operating model for deploying our technology in collaborative drug discovery partnerships with commercial biopharma companies and non-profit drug discovery institutes. You will then develop a compelling technical value proposition, with clear competitive differentiators, for how our technology delivers immense benefits to drug discovery projects. Networking across the international medicinal chemistry and drug discovery communities, you will build GTN's profile and stimulate interest for our technology platform.
Reporting to our CEO, and with coaching and advice from our senior advisers, you will engage with our prospective partners’ chemists and project leaders, and contribute strongly to building a growing portfolio of drug discovery partnerships. In certain cases, you will also be asked to play the continuing strategic alliance manager role for some of the partnerships initiated.
- PhD in chemistry, chemoinformatics or similar discipline.
- Professional training as a working medicinal or computational chemist in industry for a pharma, biotech or CRO
- At least 8 to 10 years of industrial experience, not just in academia.
- Has carried out significant work on multiple Hit-to-Lead or Lead Optimisation efforts in drug discovery projects on a variety of drug targets, including being overall chemistry lead (or overall project leader) on at least two different projects.
- Reasonably active in the medicinal chemistry, computational chemistry and/or drug discovery communities, attending professional association meetings, conferences, etc.
- Personable style with strong oral and written communication skills who enjoys meeting and engaging with new people.
- Both strong attention to detail and the ability to see the wider picture—can focus your efforts on where it is most needed.
- Excited and motivated by challenging and multifaceted problems. Flexible and fast learner, happy to apply yourself to different areas of the company when needed.
Join us on our mission to tranform science through interdisciplinary innovation, push the boundaries to make a leap in drug discovery and save millions of people’s lives.
We offer a competitive salary and share in the value that you create through stock options. Compensation package dependent on demonstrated capabilities and experience.
SkillsDrug Development, Chemistry, Computational Chemistry, Drug Discovery