GTN - A Quantum Leap in Drug Discovery.
Bringing a single new drug to the market costs $2.9bn and takes 15 years, with a high chance of failure. At GTN we combine machine learning and quantum physics, using our unique patent-pending technology, Generative Tensorial Networks, to efficiently access the full drug-like space, i.e. 1060, and to more accurately predict chemical activities. This has the potential to create substantial efficiencies in the whole drug development cycle which could have a huge positive impact on lives globally.
GTN is well funded by Tier-1 VCs and has built an outstanding interdisciplinary team, a world-class board of advisors and collaborations with a number of global pharmaceutical companies and world-leading research institutes.
GTN received the CogX UK Rising Star award for Outstanding Achievement in Machine Learning handed to us by the British Prime Minister, Theresa May and was recently featured in WIRED Magazine.
We are looking for an outstanding Software Engineer with an adaptable and productive working style which fits in a fast-moving biotech startup. As a Software Engineer you will run experiments, optimise algorithms and productionise state of the art machine learning models. The team is pioneering in drug discovery, using machine learning and quantum physics so you will work with Research Scientists to bring latest techniques to our platform.
As part of the role you will:
- Architect and implement software libraries/ applications within our platform and development lifecycle.
- Implement model testing frameworks and tools that accelerate the research and development cycle.
- Provide software design and programming support to research projects.
As part of an ambitious, fast-paced and interdisciplinary team working on tough but impactful challenges, you can expect to work in a collaborative and intellectually fulfilling environment, working on problems that really matter.
- Challenge the norm.
- Agile, pragmatic perseverance.
- Approachable and supportive people.
- Evidenced impact orientation.
- Personal growth.
What we expect:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science.
- Strong knowledge and experience of Python.
- Strong knowledge of algorithm design.
- Experience of software development life cycle.
- Experience working on or leading complex projects in one or more from the following: application development, distributed and parallel systems, developing large software systems, and/or security software development.
- Experience on working with Cloud Technologies AWS or Google Cloud.
- Contributions to open source projects.
- Experience collaborating across disciplines.
- Experience of optimisation.
- A passion for Engineering.
- An interest in Machine Learning.
- Talented, motivated and interesting co-workers.
- Intellectual challenge solving meaningful problems.
- Budget to buy the IT set-up you need.
- Competitive compensation including equity.